BCG is built on a history of strong results with great vision and execution capabilities from our leadership team. In addition, they understand the risks of making venture capital and private equity investments can best be managed by diversification through a number of investments in separate venture capital and private equity funds with proven track records. Below is a summary of our team’s aggregate portfolio of business startups and business growth.
Real Estate Investment and Development :
BCG partners have expertise in both real estate direct investments as well as structured finance deals. We have also acted as developer of commercial and mixed-use buildings. Some of our representative engagements include:
- Assisted a large property fund to acquire $500 million NPL backed by REO properties;
- Assisted with approximately $200 million large loan underwritings for CSFB and GE Capital;
- Performed annual partnership valuation for funds managed by W.P. Carey,
- Performed due diligence and structuring of over $2 billion mortgage backed securities for CSFB, Salomon Brothers and Apollo, etc.;
- Led the due diligence, valuation and closing of $110 million acquisition by NorthStar Capital; and
- Worked with Mitsui Fudosan of Japan in the formation of a J-REIT and advised on tax advantaged structures.
- Developing a $3 million mixed use property in Tokyo with an expected IRR of 25%; and
- Acquired and disposed multiple prime properties in New York, Tokyo and Shanghai and achieved net annual return in excess of 7%.
Investments in Small Businesses :
BCG’s partners are experts at starting up new businesses and helping businesses grow by streamlining operations, strategic planning and acquisitions.
- Insight Technology. Growth from $2M to over $150M in 10 yrs. (Key Executive)
- Rochester Precision Optics. Startup to over $30M in 10 years. (President & CEO)
- CDGM Glass Company USA, LLC. (Founder)
- Precision Optics (Shanghai) Trading Company Ltd. (Founder)
- Molded Plastic Optics, LLC. (Acquisition)
- ASE Optics, LLC. (Acquisition)
- Precision Targeting, LLC. (Acquisition)
- BPH Enterprises, LLC. (Founder)
- China Lane Restaurant (Acquisition)
- Newbridge Consulting Services, LLC (Founder)
- Pho Boca (Glades Road, West Boca).(Transaction Advisor)
- Pho Boca (The Polo Club Shoppes).(Transaction Advisor)
- Reicon Global (Founder)
- Boca Capital Group, LLC (Founders of Partnership)
Management Consulting :
After David Zhang and Binh Hua graduated from The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania and The McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University, respectively — both gentlemen were instrumental in developing the Financial Services Advisory Practice for Ernst & Young in New York City. Binh Hua was also a key leader in creating the Mortgage Advisory Services Practice in McLean, VA where he was twice early promoted at the Manager and Senior Manager levels, a distinction bestowed on only a few individuals within the firm. David Zhang made significant contributions to the McLean office through his leadership efforts in leading several large initiatives at Freddie Mac while helping to buildout the McLean office.
Binh Hua also created Newbridge Consulting in Bethesda, MD where he was the Founder and Managing Director responsible for business growth and client execution. The business thrived in its early years by deploying CPAs, accounting policy experts, business and financial analysts to two of the largest clients in financial services in the world, which were Fannie Mae and Bank of America during the 5 years it was in operation.
At Soros Fund Management, Binh Hua collaborated with a team of four banking associates to set up the various equity and fixed income arbitrage funds for the Quantum Group of Funds such as Granville Capital Corp., and Charlamont Trading Ltd.The setup involved creating prime brokerage accounts with two of the Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, establish credit with various hedge fund credit groups, commercial banks, and other financial institutions.
Our current management consulting projects are as follows:
David is currently working on an engagement to transform the Government National MortgageAssociation’s (Ginnie Mae’s) Office of the CFO by executing on the Organizational Redesign and improving the Operating Model.Ginnie Mae is a vital program for the U.S. financial system. During Fiscal Year 2017, GinnieMae guaranteed $505 billion in new mortgage-backed securities (MBS)and the Ginnie Mae MBS portfolio has grown to $1.87 trillion. Ginnie Maesecurities funded 1.4 million single-family home purchases and assisted 1million first-time home buyers.
Binh is currently working on an engagement for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to prepare a white paper for the Office of Housing Counseling titled as Housing Counseling Funding Models: A Study on Innovation and Sustainability. HUD/FHA play a critical role in providing access to affordable credit for manyunderserved communities.
William Hurley is currently providing consulting services to Falcon Capital Advisors and Akita Innovations. He is working with Falcon Capital to find support contract work in the DoD sector. He is working with Akita Innovations to market their proprietary technologies and to grow their business.